Sunday 10 February 2013

Introductions...

I realise that perhaps this post should have come first. Apologies. My name is james maughan, I am 34. I took redundancy from the royal navy last year and me n my wife moved back to my home city of Plymouth, UK. I am dad and step-dad to two wonderful 11 year olds (challenging yet fun).

I first took to art whilst I was in the navy. I needed an outlet after everything I had seen and experienced. This is the reason for the bright colour usage in my paintings.

Through the whole of my navy life I craved to go home and settle in Plymouth, where I belong. This is the reason for the basis of most my paintings being in and around the Plymouth area.

I was lucky enough to find full time work as soon as I left the navy, i pull 3 13 hour days and one half day, which also leaves me free time to paint. I was approached by a friend, who asked me to do all the art work for a restaurant he is running. I am currently working on painting three and four for this project.

Well time to go and do some more. I will upload the other paintings when they are finished, for now here is some that I did whilst locked in a cabin on my old base.

Sleep tight people.







No comments:

Post a Comment